Question / Help OBS Studio saving replay buffer as a hidden file

I don't think "hidden file" are the words for it, because it's not hidden, it's just not there.
In my file explorer I have Hidden Items checked so I can see them, and when I right click and click refresh, the video files aren't there.
But when I go into the log file, see the name of the file that it was logged as, then use file explorer to open that file manually, it opens the file like it's there.

Also, something I might want to note, the log file says I skipped about 1/4 of the frames due to encoding lag. I'm just testing settings and presets out, so dropping frames like this is alright for the time being because im still trying to play with settings and tweak things.

What's happening?
I've included the log, and recorded a demonstration...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D28LpDXKX0k&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

• 2018-10-28 12-09-21.txt
    13.1 KB · Views: 6

koala

In the video, you are desperately browsing the directory E:/Recordings, but actually you saved your file into E:/Recordings/test, which you didn't realize even when you copied the path into the clipboard to open the video directly.

In the video, you are desperately browsing the directory E:/Recordings, but actually you saved your file into E:/Recordings/test, which you didn't realize even when you copied the path into the clipboard to open the video directly.
yeah i think im an idiot. Thanks