OBS Studio Reverting Resolution Settings for Viewers

Maddog2020!

I have had an annoying maddening bug with OBS studio that no one seems to have. When I go stream on Twitch, you are supposed to have multiple resolution setting for viewers so they can watch you as most devices do not work well with 720p or 1080p. I have had the issue of when go live, I only get the option of 720p and no other option.

While fiddiling around with seetings, I do not have my output scaled buttonchecked and 50/50 out the time, this makes me have those options (360,540,720, etc.) available. But when I go live the next time, the settings are no saved and it reverts the resolution back to 720 alone. This is a frustrating issue as I won't know if this happens unless some of the viewers let me know that the stream just keeps loading.

There was a post that someone said you have to be a Twitch partner to get these option, and this is entirely false. Twitch controls the bitrate output for the streamer if they are partnered. I have had different quality resolutions availble for my stream and have seen it take into effect but for some reason, OBS bugs this and only lets my viewers watch in 720.

Please help.

i9-9900 Intel 9
RTX 2060 Super
ASUS Z390 Tomahawk
16gb ram
Windows 10

Attachments

• OBS Snip.PNG
    OBS Snip.PNG
    47.9 KB · Views: 52

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Your viewers are only guaranteed a stream in the resolution you stream at. Any other downscaled resolutions depend on how many free transcoding resources Twitch has.

Maddog2020!

I would like to think that is true, however, I have restarted my stream after going live when it has only shown 720 and messed with my settings within OBS Studio settings for the resolution option to come back to believe it isn't Twitch. I have not tried this on another streaming program but I am 99.9% sure that other programs like Streamlabs do not have this problem.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
If you've "messed with your settings" to the point where the stream no longer meets Twitch's requirements, your source stream will be blocked from viewers and only a transcode available. Try a fresh profile and using tools / auto config to get appropriate settings.