Question / Help OBS Studio plugins in OBS Classic

Santikun

I really, really, REALLY apologize for posting this on the wrong section, and I wish I didn't have to do this, but when I try to post on the OBS Classic subforum it says "you have insufficient privileges to post here", and I really am desperate for a solution so I hope you can understand and help me out, or at least just move the thread.

Anyway, I had to switch from Studio to Classic because Studio gets really choppy when I stream 3D games to like one frame per 20 seconds even when my game runs at 30fps. I switched, and while the UI is really annoying, it does the job. However I do have this issue where my microphone would have really loud noise, and this could be removed with the noise suppresion filter on Studio, but it seems like Classic doesn't have such an option. Is there a way to get the plugins from Studio on Classic, or at least a similar one?

Thanks in advance, and again, sorry for posting in the wrong subforum.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
If you're having performance issues in OBS studio, your efforts would be better spent asking for help to correct those.

We do not support Classic anymore. The Classic subforum was locked because of this fact, and we no longer take support requests for it.

Can you get me a clean log from OBS studio so I can see what might be going on? A lot of times it's something simple. There shouldn't be hardly any major performance difference between classic and studio at this point.

To make a clean log file, first restart OBS, then start your stream/recording for ~30 seconds and stop it again. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc. When you're done select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Copy the URL and paste it here.

Santikun

Thanks for your response, Fenrir. I did another test stream for the log. I also experienced new issues on this test.

My previous (and current) issue: Frame drop to less than 1 on stream, but game runs at 15 to 30 (happens on any game powered by Unity).
New issue: Top error + The stream stops and starts itself every two seconds (only happened playing Cuphead).

Here's the log. What you're looking for is after 21:42:58.227.
https://gist.github.com/1c72780dbd9512a27bb365df65924880

Again, thanks for your help.

FerretBomb

22:44:16.908: [rtmp stream: 'adv_stream'] Interface: Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 130 (802.11, 72 mbps)

22:50:27.914: Output 'adv_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 7021 (63.1%)
22:50:27.914: Output 'adv_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 6248 (295.4%)

Stop streaming over wifi. Run a cable.
Additionally, an i3 isn't going to be able to swing the settings you're trying to run at... especially not one with only an iGPU.
Also, update OBS. 19.0.3 is not the newest version.

Santikun

Stop streaming over wifi. Run a cable.
Additionally, an i3 isn't going to be able to swing the settings you're trying to run at... especially not one with only an iGPU.
Also, update OBS. 19.0.3 is not the newest version.

I can only stream through wifi, as the router is quite far from my computer. What are the recommended settings for an i3? I really can't afford a new computer or GPU right now. and I pretty much tweaked settings as much as I could to make it run.

Thanks for noticing that my version is outdated, too. I must of clicked "update later" and expected it to show the next time I open OBS, guess it didn't and I forgot.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
So, I don't have good news here for you.

First, your PC is not exactly powerful. It's an i3 with no actual graphics card. Chances of getting some kind of watchable stream while running a game at the same time are basically non-existent on that PC.

The primary reason you're having issues is because your laptop doesn't have a dedicate graphics card, and the integrated Intel GPU is being maxed out by your game. OBS requires some GPU resources to render your scene, so this is where most of your issues are coming from.

Santikun

I see, and there is no way to use the lowest settings possible to make it work? As I said, this only happens on games powered by Unity. Games such as Sonic Manía run fine.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Unity is rendering a fully 3d environment, whereas Sonic Manic is a 2d game. Very different tasks for your GPU to handle.

You can try using QuickSync as your encoder, but since the GPU is already overloaded, there's probably not much you can do.

If you're not already, make sure you're capping FPS in the games, and turn settings down in the game as much as you can to see if the issues go away.