OBS Studio -- No audio coming from the capture card to the audio mixer BUT

enibyfrost

Hi team,

Running an OSSC into an AverMedia ExtremeCap U3 (CV710) into OBS Studio (26.0.2)... A capture card I've used time and time again... and I'm running into an issue I'm pretty sure I encountered in the past but for some reason I can't seem to get any positive fix.
- The audio going into the capture card doesn't seem to be captured in OBS -- no audio meter showing up in the app, and no audio levels coming out of stream/recording
- However, once I go to the device properties panel and change the audio output mode from Capture Only to Outputting to the desktop, only then do I hear it and, since I also capture desktop audio on OBS, can I stream/record that audio stream...
-Log file doesn't seem to indicate a clear correlation of an issue...

This begs the question to me... why isn't OBS hearing the audio stream when, to a certain extent, it clearly can...

posting what information could be useful at the time... am stumped...

Thanks for your assistance to anyone willing to answer!

Attachments

• ADvanced audio properties.png
    ADvanced audio properties.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 65
  • device capture properties.png
    device capture properties.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 61
  • obs log.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 19

enibyfrost

Just to update you all... OBS's Profile (i think it's profile) config file in AppData is what messes up the audio not being picked up on the audio interface... you'll need to overwrite the declared interface representing the capture card and resetting the capture device in OBS and from there my problems seemed to have subsided !

Fixed!