Question / Help OBS Studio Mini Monitor HDMI Out

imix84

Hi Everyone!

I'm new on OBS.I have a Windows 10 PC with a Decklink Mini Monitor. My goal is to send the obs output Dekclinks HDMI out. Can somebody help me with a howto? In the OSB Studio Tools/Decklink Output it shows: No properties available. The Decklik card work with other software (tv channel playout soft).

berkon

Did you get it working meanwhile? I'm asking because I would like to by a Decklink Monitor Mini as well. Would be great if you could let me know your experience.

osti768

Hello,
I have also a decklink mini monitor. Driver of january 2021 is successfully installed. The output format can also be modified. In OBS and in the software of Blackmagic. But if I set "Decklink Output" in OBS and stat it, no picture is shown at SDI or HDMI Connector. Nor in PAL / NTSC nor in 2K or similar. If I change the output setting in OBS to PAL or so on it is also shown and changed in the video tool of Blackmagic. I do not know what to do... all settings seem to be correct.

berkon

Thanks for your feedback @osti768. So that means it is not usable in OBS as an output right? Its misleading and more than embarrassing, that they simply list OBS as compatible on the page below, even though they obviously did not try whether it really works:

1621068569468.png

I asked a support guy at Blackmagic whether OBS supports the card, but as said in my post above they simply directed me to the "OBS Support". Most likely it would just have been a 5min task for him to install OBS and try if it works or not. Really annoying.

osti768

Thanks for your feedback @osti768. So that means it is not usable in OBS as an output right? Its misleading and more than embarrassing, that they simply list OBS as compatible on the page below, even though they obviously did not try whether it really works:

View attachment 71182

I asked a support guy at Blackmagic whether OBS supports the card, but as said in my post above they simply directed me to the "OBS Support". Most likely it would just have been a 5min task for him to install OBS and try if it works or not. Really annoying.
I do not know, maybe the output is not working due a hardware failure. But I do not have a possibility to prove or disprove it.

osti768

There was a new Version of Desktop Video Setup Software, ver. 12.1, but no change, no picture output. Does anybody here have experiences, that Decklink mini monitor works?