Question / Help OBS studio made Overwatch crash

jds4578

i was playing a game called Overwatch just now, with OBS studio 0.16.2 capturing the game play on 2nd monitor in the background, after a certain time, Overwatch decided to crash and gave the error:

BLZOWCLI00000006

this sent me to the overwatch website https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7812 , which interpreted the error as: please add overwatch as an exception in your firewall secuirty software, and please close any capturing, streaming, recording software ???

Does OBS studio cause things like this ?

there is no log file, as OBS is not even streaming, or doing any local recording whatsoever, its only in the background running.

Oh, and it was capturing it as a window capture, with overwatch set to borderless mode

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
If it was window capture and not game capture, then it wasn't caused by anything OBS did and was likely unrelated to OBS. When using game capture, it can happen hook conflicts with game capture (other hooking programs try to hook the game alongside OBS), although not with game capture by itself.

But you're not using game capture here so the latter isn't the case, unless you have a game capture source active or something unintentionally. Window capture never causes this sort of thing to happen.

jds4578

it is strange - i have sent a description in the window, that runs after the crash, that allows me to describe what happened to cause the crash, hopefully it was sent to them.