OBS Studio loses monitor reference when using HDMI Switch

LeandroDR

Hello guys from the forum!

I need guidance to find out if there is a solution or a program bug. I am part of a church and I am collaborating with the development of internal and external media.

We used two computers in the media room, one for sound files, images and videos (computer 1) and another dedicated for transmission via OBS Studio (computer 2). We have a BenQ projector in the church that is connected via HDMI cable to the computer. This week we purchased an HDMI Switch with the intention of switching which computer sends a signal to the projector. The device worked in its purpose, so we were able to send the transmission preview window in real time and in full screen to the projector. That way church members can watch without delay.

The problem: I noticed that if we need to return the signal to computer 1 (other media), when returning the HDMI signal to computer 2 (OBS Studio), only Windows 10 recognizes the projector as a second screen again and OBS Studio does not. The program only recognizes if it closes and opens again, but we are unable to do so due to online transmission.

So I would like to know if this is an OBS Studio bug? Is there any way to solve this? Below are images of what happens and the church's current connection scheme.

Thanks in advance

1. OBS Studio with HDMI Switch initially selected the transmission computer signal. Full screen preview identifies the projector (monitor 2)
tela1.png

2. When using the HDMI Switch to select the signal from computer 1 and return to computer 2, OBS Studio no longer recognizes the projector automatically. This only happens if you close and reopen the program, which cannot be done due to transmission.
tela2.png

3. Current church connection scheme
scheme.png

Attachments

• scheme.png
    scheme.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 2