Question / Help OBS Studio Kills game Framerate

5ublim3

I've read several posts about this situation and tried a few of the solutions with no success, I figured I'd better just go ahead and post my own problem seeing as how the solutions seem to depend on each independent pc setup and such with the logs. I streamed just fine with OBS Classic and just recently decided it's time to upgrade to Studio and it seems with many of my games as soon as OBS studio is opened my games start to lag. I started off duplicating the settings I had in Classic and from there I've tried messing with the encoder setting (software vs hardware), bitrates, scaling, frames, Vsync ON/Off, I even finally tried using the wizard setup. CPU usage stays below 20% even while playing. I don't understand.. Help please? Thanks! ^_^

Last Log:
https://gist.github.com/c087494ead4f17b1310f1b217d450e2f

Last edited:

BK-Morpheus

Output 'simple_stream': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 445 (38.6%)
Seems like your GPU hast too much load (maybe 90% or more).
To redue GPU load, lock your ingame FPS to 60fps via ingame settings (fps limit or vsync).
Vsync might not do the trick, if you use a high refreshrate monitor.

5ublim3

this game doesn't seem to have the option to reduce/limit fps, and as I said the Vsync doesn't seem to do it. I still dont understand how I'm able to stream with OBS classic fine but just having studio open messes it up?

Code:
01:48:11.779: - scene 'STREAMS':
01:48:11.779: - source: 'Ripsaw' (dshow_input)
01:48:11.779: - source: 'Cuphead' (game_capture)
01:48:11.779: - source: 'PUBG' (game_capture)
01:48:11.779: - source: 'Perception' (game_capture)
01:48:11.779: - source: 'Cam' (dshow_input)
01:48:11.779: - source: 'LOGO' (image_source)
01:48:11.779: - source: 'Overlay' (image_source)
01:48:11.779: - source: 'Spotify' (window_capture)

You've only need one capture source and you're using too many which is hurting the FPS. Delete all window/monitor/game captures but only one.

5ublim3

Though it seems this helped a little bit, it still lags. Again it worked fine set up this same way in OBS classic, anyone have any idea why that might be? Also set up this way I still only have one game capture active at a time (either the ripsaw capture card, cuphead, pubg, or perception).. Do I need to make whole new scenes per game I play now?

5ublim3

So here is a photo of my cpu/gpu usage STREAMING in obs classic and a photo of the same with OBS studio open with just the 2 sources and NOT even actively streaming. other Ideas?

A2.jpg
B.jpg

BK-Morpheus

I see 75% CPU and 30% GPU in OBS classic and 100%CPU 46% GPU in OBS studio BUT: In Studio the system still runs with 30fps, while classic dropped to 22fps which explains the utilization difference.

5ublim3

I see 75% CPU and 30% GPU in OBS classic and 100%CPU 46% GPU in OBS studio BUT: In Studio the system still runs with 30fps, while classic dropped to 22fps which explains the utilization difference.
Like I said at the beginning, I've tried different framerates, doesn't make a difference, it doesn't lag any more or any less if I bring them up or down in studio.

@Osirus I'm downloading it now, will post the screenshot shortly.

5ublim3

I've confirmed now with Cuphead, PUBG, Overwatch, Perception, Alien Isolation, I can stream just fine with OBS classic, and studio still gives me issues even after latest update a few days ago.. Any other ideas?

5ublim3

Yeah @KamiVS I'm not real sure what that is but I've never had that checked. I just tried checking it and then unchecking it and the opening credits wont even play lol.THanks for the suggestion though.