Question / Help OBS Studio | FPS Cap/Lag when preview window is active?

sam686

Is all your monitors 120 Hz or is all your monitors 60 Hz?
Using fullscreen and not windowed borderless?
Windows Aero/DWM have some problems with mixing different refresh rates and forced v-sync in multiple monitors. It may slow down both displays to v-sync a slower 60 Hz monitor, expecially in game's windowed or borderless mode.

For windows 7, turn off Aero. But, windows 8 and 10 can't easily turn off Aero/DWM if at all, as says in the log file. If only there was a way to turn off Aero/DWM's v-sync that I don't know how yet...

This problem is mostly not limited to OBS, I also have some frame rate jitter problems when using 2 monitors like playing a YouTube video or animated GIF on one monitor and playing game on the other monitor in windowed mode. Problem don't show up on windows 7 while Aero is off.
I have 4:3 CRT monitor at 1280x720 115 Hz or 1280x960 85Hz, and 2x LCD 1920x1080 60 Hz.
https://www.google.com/search?q=poor+dwm+performance+multi+monitor+mixed+refresh+rate

SamTDS

Please can you not bump threads, if you have something constructive go ahead and put it in a reply but please don't just reply for the sake of replying or to try and get an answer. If anything, it makes it less likely for people to look to help because they see that there is somebody already talking trying to help.

BioFlash

I saw someone in another thread saying that windows 10 game mode is causing this problem maybe try turning it off for a day!