Question / Help OBS Studio Folder Issue

Kalmo

Alright, so I just started using OBS Studio and I'm having a lot of trouble with it so far. Every time I make a recording, the file is not visible in File Explorer. Yet when I go to OBS Studio and select "Show Recordings" the recordings are there, so I know it's working. The same is happening even looking for OBS Studio. I have to redownload it to start it every time.

Here it is with File Explorer.

Here it is using another program to bring up my folders.

It's like my computer doesn't formally recognize OBS as existing. And before you ask, yes I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it as well as using regular OBS. I have the same issue with it. It's also not allowing me access to my logs.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
This doesn't sound like anything related to OBS. If you're having trouble navigating to the default output folder or seeing all of the files there, set a different one under Settings > Output. Log files are located in %appdata%\obs-studio which is a hidden system folder. If you aren't allowed to open the folder via the OBS help menu then you likely lack sufficient system privileges.

Kalmo

I have set it to multiple folders and locations. As well, I am the only user of the computer and am the only who has used it since it's purchase. Hidden folders are also allowed. And it's not saying I do not have permissions to access the logs but an error occurs when attempting to open the .txt.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
There's still not anything here related to OBS. Finding and opening folders and files, whether they're visible, etc. are all handled by the operating system.

Kalmo

Never mind. All of a sudden, after uninstalling multiple times, it suddenly has decided to work. Sorry for the inconvenience.