Question / Help OBS Studio adding audio buffer randomly

afmxer

Hello. I'm having an issue where OBS is adding small audio buffers to my streams. I'm not dropping frames etc, and my media source is SDI with embedded audio. This is causing a slight lipsync on the stream that's not on the system feeding into my encoder/obs. Any ideas? This happens almost every stream.

Attachments

• aprilobs.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 100

shaolin

Actually is the other way around. Your system/hardware is not keeping up with the constraints to keep everything under the initial audio buffering time so in orther to obs to prevent further issues it dynamically ads the buffering. Atention to that its a reaction not the cause of the buffering.

You would have to check what you your system caused the extra load. Also. If you can leave unchecked all the 'use device timestamps' on audio sources to leave it to internal obs sync.

afmxer

Where is the Use device timestamps for audio sources, I'm apparently blind this morning and cannot find it, thanks for the help! (Note I do see it on windows but not on the linux build 21.1.0)

Also while testing this on a few machines, it seems no matter what at startup it adds 46ms

14:24:13.870: adding 46 milliseconds of audio buffering, total audio buffering is now 46 milliseconds

This is on a i7 with 8gb of ram only sending a still image, no audio even. The system never got above 11% usage. Every single time I stream on the 7 machines i've tested it adds 46ms.

Last edited:

shaolin

i thing i think i haven't made clear. Any ms add tu buffering wont cause any delay. It just add latency to obs to encode. But the final result will be totaly synced by the backend.

I'm afraid i can only help with this initial general idea. For a better support i would say to you go to our discord server and drop this question in the #support channel.

http://discord.gg/obsproject