OBS Studio 29.1 RC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Disclaimer: This is a test build, not a full release. This build may contain bugs or broken functionality. For production usage, we still recommend using the latest stable build of OBS. If you are willing to test this build, please let us know if you run into any issues.

OBS Studio 29.1 Beta is now available for testing! This update adds support for the updated Enhanced RTMP streaming protocol, as well as update channels for macOS, improved Stinger Transition performance, fMP4 support, and multi-track audio options in simple output mode. Plus, our usual bug fixes, performance improvements (including a massive improvement for those with large scene collections!), and small usability tweaks.

• Added a DLL blocking feature for Windows. This allows OBS to block problematic DLLs from attaching to OBS and causing freezing or crashes, for example 3rd party overlay hooks and outdated video capture devices. [notr1ch]
    • This blocks old versions of popular VTubing software virtual cameras that are known to cause freezes when accessing video capture device properties. If you are affected, please update to the latest version of your VTubing software.
  • Added Update Channels on macOS and updated Sparkle for smaller and faster updates going forward [derrod]
  • Added settings to select the audio encoder for streaming and recording [tytan652]
  • Added an option to preload media sources used in Stingers to memory, to avoid frame skips during transitions [Jim]
  • Added compatibility notices in the Window and Game Capture sources for Windows [derrod]
  • Added the ability to zoom browser docks with Ctrl - and + and the right click menu [WizardCM]
  • Added a setting to record in fragmented MP4 and MOV formats [derrod]
  • Added support for surround sound for AJA capture cards [paulh-aja]
  • Added ProRes 4444 (XQ) support for VideoToolbox encoder on macOS [jpark37]
  • Added lossless audio recording options (FLAC/ALAC/PCM including 32-bit float) [derrod]
  • Added indicator if an audio source is unmuted, but not assigned to any audio tracks [derrod]
  • Added support for streaming AV1/HEVC over RTMP [YouTube/yuriy-chunak]
    • Currently only supported by/enabled for YouTube. Please see the pull request for context and known issues. This feature is also in beta at YouTube. Please help test with different encoders and settings, and report any issues found here, along with a log file from OBS.
  • Added support for multiple audio tracks in Simple output recording [pkv]

Find the the full patch notes and download links for OBS Studio 29.1 RC1 here:
Steam users
: To access the beta via Steam, right-click the OBS Studio entry in Steam or click the cog icon on the game page, select "Properties...", then navigate to "Betas" and select the "beta" option in the dropdown:
1659496483190-png.85265

Flatpak Beta Installation:
Bash:
$ flatpak remote-add --if-not-exists flathub-beta https://flathub.org/beta-repo/flathub-beta.flatpakrepo

$ flatpak install flathub-beta com.obsproject.Studio

Please give the build a try and let us know here or in the #beta-testing channel on Discord if you have any issues. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

KensonPlays

Thanks! Not seeing the 29.1 beta as an option in the standalone "OBS Studio Beta" nor the "OBS Studio > properties > betas" in Steam. Can this be updated to the Steam build? I use Steam for the betas to keep it separate from my standalone non-steam stable build.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thanks! Not seeing the 29.1 beta as an option in the standalone "OBS Studio Beta" nor the "OBS Studio > properties > betas" in Steam. Can this be updated to the Steam build? I use Steam for the betas to keep it separate from my standalone non-steam stable build.
The Steam beta build is currently delayed due to a deployment issue. They will be provided at a later date.

KensonPlays

The Steam beta build is currently delayed due to a deployment issue. They will be provided at a later date.
Ah, that's too bad. Wanted to test it out with some local stuff to fool around. Guess I could install it to a separate drive, but it's less of a 'two click' thing haha.

Edit: nevermind it shows the 29.1 beta on Steam now!

Nilvida

Recommending a functionality that allows turning off/on all the sources in a massive way of a collection of scenes in order to reduce CPU consumption when having several collections. The idea is to adapt a switch that allows turning off or inactivating all sources in a single click

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Recommending a functionality that allows turning off/on all the sources in a massive way of a collection of scenes in order to reduce CPU consumption when having several collections. The idea is to adapt a switch that allows turning off or inactivating all sources in a single click
Sources will already deactivate when they are not visible in most cases. It sounds like this is a support issue more than a feature request.

sandrix

There are serious broadcast fluency issues when using Enhanced RTMP on YouTube. I tested NVENC HEVC. It looks like how stream works at 30 fps. There are also rare encoding bugs that seem to be related to the I-frame encoding. Today I streamed for 5 hours. In general, everything worked stably, except for the above problems. There is no such problem when recording.

10:08:02.432: codec: HEVC
10:08:02.432: rate_control: CBR
10:08:02.432: bitrate: 25000
10:08:02.432: cqp: 20
10:08:02.432: keyint: 120
10:08:02.432: preset: p7
10:08:02.432: tuning: hq
10:08:02.432: multipass: qres
10:08:02.432: profile: main
10:08:02.432: width: 1920
10:08:02.432: height: 1080
10:08:02.432: b-frames: 2
10:08:02.432: lookahead: false
10:08:02.432: psycho_aq: true

Test fragment of the stream and the log file of the 5 hour stream.
RTMP
HLS (Everything is good here)

UPD: One of my subscribers found out that YouTube arbitrarily duplicates frames when transcoding. That is, about half of the frames will be the same. I tested it in Adobe Premiere and it's confirmed.

UPD2: The problem is fixed by disabling b-frames in OBS. Suggested by energizerfellow on Discord OBS

Attachments

• 2023-03-30 09-49-09.txt
    183.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Leandro35

Hola , este es un problema que me pasa siempre , hago transmisiones de muchas horas con 4 capturadoras , el problema es que normalmente despues de 40 minutos aproximadamente los monitores pierden fps por varios minutos pero no la transmision a youtube , sale bien en el streaming , hay alguna solucion?

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Hola , este es un problema que me pasa siempre , hago transmisiones de muchas horas con 4 capturadoras , el problema es que normalmente despues de 40 minutos aproximadamente los monitores pierden fps por varios minutos pero no la transmision a youtube , sale bien en el streaming , hay alguna solucion?
Are you using the beta version? Does this occur in the normal release? If it's an issue new to the beta, please provide a log file from a session that has the issue.

Leandro35

¿Estás usando la versión beta? ¿Ocurre esto en la versión normal? Si se trata de un problema nuevo en la versión beta, proporcione un archivo de registro de una sesión que tenga el problema.
desde la version 28 y continua el mismo problema , antes no lo use

Fenrir

Forum Admin
desde la version 28 y continua el mismo problema , antes no lo use
intente probar con la version Beta 29.1 pero no funciona el plugin replay souce que es el utilizo en 3 de las 4 capturadoras
If the issue is not specific to the 29.1 beta, please use the normal support channels. This thread is for specific issues related to the new features in 29.1. Thank you!

Leandro35

Si el problema no es específico de la versión beta 29.1, utilice los canales de soporte habituales. Este hilo es para problemas específicos relacionados con las nuevas funciones en 29.1. ¡Gracias!
la idea es avisar el problema que ya viene y que con esta version lo puedan solucionar

Dennis50300

After i using "power save" mode from Windows, i can't use "YUY2" after Calculator is back from Saving
i try to show it with screenshots, that YUY2 isn't there useable for using.
If i restart Windows (11) the problem is solved and i can choose YUY2 instead MJPEG
I'm using here the "Riiai (yk753) Dark-Dragon Capture Card"
Riiai (YK763) Dark-Dragon Capture Card.jpg

all are okay
Unbenannt1.jpg

after Power saving from Windows
Unbenannt2after power saving windows.jpgUnbenannt3after power saving windows.jpg

best regards
Dennis

Attachments

• 2023-04-03 23-58-04.txt
    11.4 KB · Views: 44

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
After i using "power save" mode from Windows, i can't use "YUY2" after Calculator is back from Saving
i try to show it with screenshots, that YUY2 isn't there useable for using.
If i restart Windows (11) the problem is solved and i can choose YUY2 instead MJPEG
I'm using here the "Riiai (yk753) Dark-Dragon Capture Card"
View attachment 92910

all are okay
View attachment 92906

after Power saving from Windows
View attachment 92907View attachment 92908

best regards
Dennis
Does this happen in OBS Studio 29.0.2?

Dennis50300

I'm asking if it occurs in 29.0.2 to determine if it is a regression. This thread is focused on issues or feedback that are new/specific to the OBS Studio 29.1 Beta releases.
ah okay, before i using 29.1 Beta 1 i was using the last release, at this time i haven't this problem :-)

best regards

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Beta 2 is now out with plenty of fixes for reported issues. Thanks everyone for helping us test, please try the new builds and be sure to let us know if you run in to any further issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.