Question / Help OBS stops streaming by itself randomly

Dziobski

As i said in title. I have no hot keys. OBS just stops streaming and i can notice that only by looking on bottom right corner with kb/s when it is showing 0. than i have to close obs and open it again to start streaming again becouse clicking on stop streaming doesnt work at all.

Attachments

• 2018-10-23 16-49-27.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 37

koala

Your log shows problems with the nvenc encoder:
17:13:46.039: error: EncodePicture failed!: generic error (20) 17:13:46.056: [NVENC encoder: 'streaming_h264'] nvenc_encode: Error encoding: Unknown error occurred 17:13:46.056: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 5/87058 (0.0%) 17:13:46.199: Error encoding with encoder 'streaming_h264'
This is the first time that I see a hardware encoder fail this way. I don't know what the cause may be. Broken/overheated hardware (GPU) perhaps. Or the card doesn't get enough power from the power supply. Check the required cabling to the power supply.
You might also reinstall the Nvidia drivers, but I doubt that will change anything.

Dziobski

Your log shows problems with the nvenc encoder:
17:13:46.039: error: EncodePicture failed!: generic error (20) 17:13:46.056: [NVENC encoder: 'streaming_h264'] nvenc_encode: Error encoding: Unknown error occurred 17:13:46.056: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 5/87058 (0.0%) 17:13:46.199: Error encoding with encoder 'streaming_h264'
This is the first time that I see a hardware encoder fail this way. I don't know what the cause may be. Broken/overheated hardware (GPU) perhaps. Or the card doesn't get enough power from the power supply. Check the required cabling to the power supply.
You might also reinstall the Nvidia drivers, but I doubt that will change anything.
my gpu is not overheated for sure. no problems with power supply also. Could it be becouse of gpu oc even if game is stable?

koala

Of course, overclocking can produce all kind of strange errors. If you overclocked the GPU, even if it is a OC edition by the hardware manufacturer, revert the overclocking and run the GPU/CPU on standard cock.

Dziobski

Of course, overclocking can produce all kind of strange errors. If you overclocked the GPU, even if it is a OC edition by the hardware manufacturer, revert the overclocking and run the GPU/CPU on standard cock.
So I was streaming yesterday with non oc gpu and it was fine about 3h. now I need to test it with oc but lower than it was before. Thank you for help, it was really annoying problem.