OBS starts recording automatically

AndersBillLinden

OBS starts (or try to start) recording after a while, without reason. (I did not press the "Start recording" button).
I used an external drive to store recordings and when I have disconnected that drive (and do not any longer use the drive letter), I get an error message instead of an automatically started recording. Using OBS Studio 24.0.8 proving that it tried to record.

Banyarola

OBS starts (or try to start) recording after a while, without reason. (I did not press the "Start recording" button).
I used an external drive to store recordings and when I have disconnected that drive (and do not any longer use the drive letter), I get an error message instead of an automatically started recording. Using OBS Studio 24.0.8 proving that it tried to record.

As far as I know, OBS can't start recording without user input.
Look at Tools,Output Timer and the only options are to STOP a recording..

WBE

Please have a look at Settings, Advanced (the 7th option) and scroll down to the Hotkeys section.
Hotkey Focus Behaviour.png

WBE

Hotkeys in OBS Studio are real (global) hotkeys. That can be convenient when you are in the middle of something (i.e. a game) and want to trigger an action in OBS without destraction and ALT+TABing back and forth. But this behaviour can be adjusted, as mentioned above.