OBS Settings Assistance for SF5

scryer

Hello all!

I am desperately trying to get into the exciting world of Twitch streaming.

My current PC specs are as follows:

GTX 970
FX 6300
8GB RAM

I'm trying to stream Street Fighter 5 at around 720p and 30 FPS output. The problem is, I can't seem to find any settings that allow me to stream at all without going below 60 FPS in-game, which is the bare minimum for playing a fighting game such as SF5, as I'm currently playing and streaming from the same PC.

I was wondering, does anyone have any tips on how I can stream with this rig and still maintain a healthy 60 FPS for SF5?

On a post-script, I have a second PC that's currently set up in a different section of our house. If need be, I could purchase a capture card and use the second PC as a dedicating streaming rig, but I would have to connect the two PC's wirelessly, as I wouldn't be able to drag an ethernet cable the length of the house.

Is this possible/feasible to do?

Thanks ahead of time!

dping

Hello all!

I am desperately trying to get into the exciting world of Twitch streaming.

My current PC specs are as follows:

GTX 970
FX 6300
8GB RAM

I'm trying to stream Street Fighter 5 at around 720p and 30 FPS output. The problem is, I can't seem to find any settings that allow me to stream at all without going below 60 FPS in-game, which is the bare minimum for playing a fighting game such as SF5, as I'm currently playing and streaming from the same PC.

I was wondering, does anyone have any tips on how I can stream with this rig and still maintain a healthy 60 FPS for SF5?

On a post-script, I have a second PC that's currently set up in a different section of our house. If need be, I could purchase a capture card and use the second PC as a dedicating streaming rig, but I would have to connect the two PC's wirelessly, as I wouldn't be able to drag an ethernet cable the length of the house.

Is this possible/feasible to do?

Thanks ahead of time!
Post a link to your logfile from the help menu from when you streamed for 5 minutes or more. whats the specs of the second PC?

scryer

Woops, definitely meant to say Radeon HD 7870 for the graphics card on the second PC.

Anyone have any tips on how to get better streaming performance going off the log file?

dping

Second PC specs:
AMD A6-3620 2.2GHz
Geforce GTX 7
12GB RAM

Here is the link to the log file:
https://gist.github.com/d4c9f274d193bf56b945
I would not use that as a dedicated streaming PC. but there is definitely something going on with that game capture. its as if you were constantly changing in game settings during that logfile. I need a clean log with 5 minutes of streaming during actual game play to see what is going on.

scryer

I did have my own stream up and running, as I wasn't sure if I needed to have Twitch open in order to stream properly/view chat.

There shouldn't be any other programs running though.

dping

I did have my own stream up and running, as I wasn't sure if I needed to have Twitch open in order to stream properly/view chat.

There shouldn't be any other programs running though.
due to the power of your CPU, you should only have a popout chat up, your game, and OBS.

scryer

K, will do, looks like that is getting me almost to the constant 60 fps mark.

Do you have any other tips? I didn't realize the power of my CPU would be so limiting in this application.