Question / Help OBS seems to be great! :-) some questions...

RicardoK

Hi everyone,

I just installed and tested OBS on my MacBook Pro and so far it's working very well, capturing from HDMI device, streaming out to a Red5 server, recording locally

This seems to be a really good application! Kudos to the whole team :-)

Anyway, I have it working on my MacBook, using BlackMagic UltraStudio capture. I was wondering, on the windows side of things, if the ElGato HD works very well with OBS?

I'm looking for a windows option and also wondered if hooking up ElGato HD to a Microsoft Surface 3 with Win10 would work well? CPU-wise and RAM-wise, the Surface 3 is pretty much the same as the MacBook Pro I'm using, so I figure that setup should work.

Any comments or suggestions?

thanks!
Ricardo

RicardoK

Actually I was incorrect about the Surface 3 CPU as compared to the MacBook Pro... I thought it had a Core i5. But in any case, anyone believe that the Surface 3 would be insufficient to run OBS with ElGato HD?

jonni0171

Actually I was incorrect about the Surface 3 CPU as compared to the MacBook Pro... I thought it had a Core i5. But in any case, anyone believe that the Surface 3 would be insufficient to run OBS with ElGato HD?
When you dont do anything besides capturing with obs, it could work. Im not perfectly sure but i think so.