OBS says streaming but not streaming

Streaming to Twitch, Youtube and Facebook from OBS via Restream.io

Last Saturday we tried to start the stream, OBS said we were streaming, but the stream was not actually showing up on Facebook, Youtube or Twitch. We had the key correct and OBS definitely seemed to think we were streaming, but I don't know enough about the log files to make sense of them.

Also, we share the restream.io account with others who stream on it. They were able to use it to stream the night before (24 hours earlier) and later that same night (2 hours after our attempt).

Attachments

• 2021-03-20 19-26-59.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 14

Lawrence_SoCal

Logs show successful connection to restream.io , though the first stream shows
19:35:48.205: Output 'simple_stream': Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls: 1080 (3.7%)

just guessing here, as I've never used restream.io
You may need to see if the dropped frames caused an issue at restream.io, and then until you cleared the issue (or in this case, enough time passed and you stopped sending any data, so restream.io reset the connection itself) it wasn't going to work.
I only stream to Facebook. I always am monitoring the /Live/Producer page. I'd think restream.io has a similar management/monitoring page and you'd be able to check errors/logs, warnings, etc there.

qhobbes

1. Did you verify the toggles were on for Facebook, Youtube and Twitch on restream.io ?
2. When this issue happens, are you able to view the stream on restream.io ?