OBS refuses to start

EtherealDoom

I installed OBS today on a Windows 10, 64 bit machine.
When I try to start OBS with the Start menu or with the .exe file, nothing happens. I get a loading wheel beside my cursor for a few seconds, then nothing else happens. On the first time I tried to open the program 2 re-installs ago, it complained about a missing us-ENG.ini (I may have that file name slightly wrong), but I can find that file with Windows Explorer and I haven't been able to reproduce that error message.

The program is not appearing in Task Manager like many other threads are experiencing. Nothing happens. It seems like the program is failing during initialization.

Embodier

I have pretty much the same issue. I run OBS, it acts like it's going to launch with the loading wheel and then nothing. Look in task manager and it's there.

I have tried install and uninstall, comparability modes, run as admin, 32 bit and 64 bit, cleaned registry...rinse repeat. I found older threads about this issue but have yet to find a solution...which brings me here.

On a side note....OBS worked for me a while back when I first tried it. I didn't start streaming and never really used it much. Now I want to start streaming and it does not work. I'm assuming there is some sort of software conflict or something. Very frustrating.

Also...I have looked for the OBS folder in appdata and don't see it in Roaming or local...not sure if that's by design but I have noticed in other posts that a folder should be there, but maybe that's older builds.

My system is an AMD FX-8350 eight-core 4Ghz, 32 gigs RAM, Win 10 Pro. I'd prefer using this software to stream but fear I may need to use something else. :(

EDIT:
I also just tried the portable version with no luck.

Last edited: