Question / Help OBS Recording in Parallels VM

sjrw

Hello,

I tried to get around the Mac issues of not recording system audio by installing the Windows version of OBS using Parallels Virtual Machine.
This appeared to work but I quickly ran into a problem:
- The audio was all recorded for the entire meet.google.com conversation. Both sides of the conversation.
- However the video only recorded for about the first 3 seconds of the recording and then it froze for the rest of the recording.
- On one attempt the video froze for about 30 seconds, then flicked to a new image and froze for a while again and repeated.

Any ideas how to use OBS within Parallels and still record both video and audio?

Thanks,

Sam

Narcogen

iShowU, SoundFlower, or LoopBack are all better ways of recording system audio on MacOS. They are all more performant than running OBS in a virtual machine.

OBS also expects to have direct access to a real GPU and is not intended, generally speaking, to be used in a virtual machine.

sjrw

iShowU, SoundFlower, or LoopBack are all better ways of recording system audio on MacOS. They are all more performant than running OBS in a virtual machine.

OBS also expects to have direct access to a real GPU and is not intended, generally speaking, to be used in a virtual machine.

Thanks for your reply. I did try using iShowU and it worked perfectly for recording the audio of YouTube videos but for google hangout it wouldn’t capture the system audio.
Have you had any experience recording a meet.google.com call?