OBS recording fullscreen

sirmike

Dear all,

I have an issue regarding recording my screen.
I've cut my specific recording part to a very small bar, which should record only the part I have it set to, obviously.
However, for some reason, the recording is being done for the full 1280x720 that my settings are set to, which is kinda weird. In the attachment 1 you can see exactly how small the window is i custom set for it to record. Attachment 2 shows my video settings, attachment 3 shows my recording settings and finally, attachment 4 shows the information on the .mp4 being generated when the recording is finished.
Shouldnt the recording have the size of the bar I originally set it to? The small recording box? I dont understand how it has the size of a full HD recording when i made it that small. Hopefully someone can help me figure out how to just record the area that I set it to. The small one that is.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    21.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    8.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    9.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 8

sirmike

Set the canvas and output resolution to values of your very small bar.
shouldnt be neccesary as i used left-alt to make the bars smaller. If i set the canvas and output resolution to match the bar, it will do so for the entire source. The problem isnt the output as thats never been a problem. Itll just make the quality 720p in that small bar.

qhobbes

Let's say I wanted to record just the buttons of Calculator. First I would take a screenshot of Calculator and then cut it down to the buttons to determine the size for my Canvas. In this case it was 883x492.
Next I would add a Window Capture source and then move around the source so just the buttons show in the canvas box.

Attachments

• obscanvascalc.png
    obscanvascalc.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 5