Question / Help OBS Recording disables internet.

VoidPhantom

Hello everyone, Here is a small back story.
I have been using OBS for about two years and had the basic issues that was mostly the problem of my PC. Now my PC is a good functioning computer so I know I don't have many issues with OBS regarding my PC. OBS itself never really had issues when i used to stream often. But just recently I wanted to start recording. I have done recordings months in the past testing out my system and never before have I had this issue until now.
  • My issue is that when I record, everything is running fine until I am on a game via Rocket League, PUBG, Hunt: Showdown, etc. I have not tested if it happens out of a game. My internet either goes to "No Internet: Connected" or it disables completely and attempts to reconnect and fails (Note: Recording is still going swell, no frame drop, no encoding issues. Just no internet).
  • Now about my adapter. I have a Netgear A6210 adapter running on my FiOS 5Ghz network. I am somewhat distant from the router by another 10 feet since i moved rooms in my house and have noticed a weaker connection being told by windows. This adapter also had issues in the past by randomly disconnecting by itself for reasons unknown. I recently went into my adapter settings and turned off the "Turn off to save power" and that has reduced it disabling randomly. But still sometimes without OBS, I'll be playing games and my adapter will disconnect.
I know some of you will be saying that this may just be an adapter issue which I would definitely agree and i am looking into a new adapter or possibly Ethernet. I came to OBS to see if the software has any special affect on the adapter because it does happen RIGHT when i record and wanna play a game at the same time. If you need more information to provide help, feel free to ask.
I truly thank anyone who provides help with this. Have a great day!

Suslik V

OBS + Gaming can only stress your PC where you gaming/recording (CPU, GPU, RAM and power), because capturing is demanding task. Look at Windows Event Viewer, System section to see what happens with your PC.