OBS recognizing cameras but freezes on two of them

Hi everyone!
I connected 3 emeet stream cameras to OBS and it captures the image for three of them, but freezes on two of them and then only has one of them moving in real time. I also connected my macbook camera and it captures that with one of the emeet cameras. So, it's never two or all three of the cameras moving in real time, but at least one of them and my macbook cam. I am using an external USB drive, but I also tried connecting two of the cameras directly into my mac but still the same issue.

I have MacOS Monteray version 12.5 Apple M2 Chip

Lawrence_SoCal

running through a hub? a high quality hub, or low-cost model?

sounds a lot like on overloaded USB Root hub on the computer - you could try lowering the resolution/frame rate on the cameras...
try testing with NOTHING else (keyboard, mouse, whatever) plugged into any USB port

There have been prior threads on similar issues... has NOTHING to do with OBS Studio.. and is not unique to an operating system nor make/model of computer

running through a hub? a high quality hub, or low-cost model?

sounds a lot like on overloaded USB Root hub on the computer - you could try lowering the resolution/frame rate on the cameras...
try testing with NOTHING else (keyboard, mouse, whatever) plugged into any USB port

There have been prior threads on similar issues... has NOTHING to do with OBS Studio.. and is not unique to an operating system nor make/model of computer
I was thinking it was the USB hub issue - what would be the solution if so?

Lawrence_SoCal

I was thinking it was the USB hub issue - what would be the solution if so?
better quality hub like a thunderbolt dock, maybe... depends... may not help at all
break up the bandwidth ... 4 USB cameras, plus you mentioned external USB drive ?? ... are you reading/writing to that external USB drive (same hub) while using OBS Studio and 3 USB cameras?? ... if yes, you are simply making the bandwidth issue worse, potentially much worse.

Solution... depends on a lot more detail on workflow, priorities, exact technical details on camera (version of USB, resolution, bitrate, etc), external disk usage, any other connected USB devices... etc.... yes, all of this and more can impact/determine solution. budget of course being a big consideration