Question / Help OBS quit unexpectedly after creating new NDI Source

The Good Thief

Hi All,

First post here. Due to the latest lockdowns, I'm trying to help out my local church by setting up some live streaming for them. So I have the following equipment:
Elgato HD60 S
Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) running macOS Mojave (10.14.1) - I know it's old but it's all I got till I find a new job
Sony A7R III

I installed OBS and OBS Link.
Each time I try to add a new NDI source, OBS crashes. When I reopen, the Source is there but I'm not able to save any of the properties, eg. Source Name. There was one point where it did save and I was able to successfully run a test Facebook Go Live for over 30 minutes.

Would really appreciate any help on this as this church doesn't have much in the way of resources and I'm trying to help them out.

Couldn't find the crash logs so I copied and pasted it into a text file.

Attachments

• 2020-03-26 21-57-39.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 2020-03-26 22-11.txt
    92.4 KB · Views: 44

Narcogen

Can you revert your NDI installation to 4.1? Your log shows you've got 4.5 installed, which was released *yesterday*. I don't know that the devs of either OBS or the NDI plugin have even seen it yet.

21:57:40.811: [obs-ndi] NDI library initialized successfully (NDI SDK APPLE 11:21:52 Mar 25 2020 4.5.0)

Narcogen

I didn't say there was. 4.1 was removed by NewTek. Reinstalling 4.5 will not help.

If you're on 4.1, don't upgrade.

If you have 4.5, you need to wait either until NewTek puts 4.1 back up for people who have this problem, until NewTek patches 4.5 in a way that resolves this issue, or until the OBS NDI plugin updates to work with 4.5.

I'm not aware of anyone who has made 4.5 work with 4.7.1 version of the plugin on MacOS, and as my local machine is in production use I'm not doing this update myself.