Question / Help OBS Preview stuttering.

Gregory Hartley

Hey guys.

So I'm having a little problem. I guess it's just my OCD coming out but when I'm streaming and I get a FPS drop in game, OBS preview windows begins and continues to stutter/looks like its running at 24 FPS even after the game is back to normal FPS and it still shows that my FPS in OBS is 60FPS. This issue has started recently. I have reinstalled OBS and tried 32 & 64 bit program. A hot fix is to either restart stream or wait for a skip in the frame rate which will then put the preview back to normal. Weird I know.

dping

Hey guys.

So I'm having a little problem. I guess it's just my OCD coming out but when I'm streaming and I get a FPS drop in game, OBS preview windows begins and continues to stutter/looks like its running at 24 FPS even after the game is back to normal FPS and it still shows that my FPS in OBS is 60FPS. This issue has started recently. I have reinstalled OBS and tried 32 & 64 bit program. A hot fix is to either restart stream or wait for a skip in the frame rate which will then put the preview back to normal. Weird I know.
Does the stuttery preview affect the output of the stream?

where is your logfile?
giphy.gif