Question / Help OBS/Premiere Problem.

Okay, so here's my problem; but before I do I will list my specs.

3200 ddr4 16gb ram
2700x ryzen cpu
xfx r9 280x gfx card

and i'm using premiere to edit video and obs to record. I don't know what i'm doing wrong. The recordings are fine. When I import them into premiere the program either freezes up or it takes FOREVER to load it in. it's very bad. never had this problem with premiere before, this is also a new version i've never ran as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh I use mp4 / h.264 to record 1080p 60fps.

Kovlur

I probably can't fix your issue, but what is the file size you are trying to import into premiere?

Narcogen

To help someone would need to have insight into your problem as well as be using both OBS and Premiere. (I don't.)

I'm guessing that if this is a new problem and a new version of Premiere, and the problem is importing into Premiere, and not recording with OBS, that you might have more luck asking for support from a group that regularly uses Premiere, and finding someone among them who also records with OBS.

FerretBomb

Premiere has major problems with video files recorded by OBS Studio to MP4.
Record to MKV (if you use multi-track audio recording) or FLV, then remux to MP4 from the File menu in OBS, and Premiere should have no problem with the remuxed MP4.

Never, EVER record to MP4 directly with OBS. There are zero good reasons to do so.