Question / Help OBS Package Not Updating

derklempner

I see that versions 0.12.1 and 0.12.2 have been released recently, but my system (Xubuntu 15.04) doesn't seem to be updating to the newest version. I've run apt-get update and apt-get upgrade, but it won't upgrade to 0.12.2; I'm still stuck on 0.12.0.

dpkg -l | grep obs gives the following output:

Code:
$ dpkg -l | grep obs
ii  liboobs-1-5                                 3.0.0-2                                                     amd64        GObject based interface to system-tools-backends - shared library
ii  obs-studio                                  0.12.0-285~vivid                                            amd64        OBS Studio for Ubuntu

I installed the PPAs and proper software packages on another computer, and it installed version 0.12.2. Do I need to remove the program and reinstall it? If I do that, will I lose my settings and configs?

Last edited:

derklempner

So, no help? It's got to be something in the packages that's not letting me upgrade to the most current version.

derklempner

After more research, I decided to check the PPA on launchpad.net. It seems that only the trusty (14.04) and wily (15.10) packages have been upgraded to 0.12.2.

I find it strange that not all of the Ubuntu releases are kept current with the package, especially ones like vivid (15.04) - which I'm running - that are still within the support period (nine months) offered by Canonical. I guess I'll have to work on upgrading to 15.10 and then 16.04 if I want any upgrades to OBS MP...

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
The build server has been having issues lately...if Canonical lets us update vivid then there's no reason not to for as long as they let us. I'm not sure when the person who administrates the build server will have time to take a look at it, though, since he is indisposed for a few weeks.