Question / Help OBS Output to TV while streaming

John Ramstad

I am trying to use OBS to live stream a church service. I also want the folks in the nursery to be able to view the service on a TV they have. Can someone please provide some advice as to how to set this up. I am running this on a PC.

Thanks,

JRam

John Ramstad

Can the "what is being streamed" window in OBS studio mode be sent to a separate monitor with sound? That way, I could split that signal and have one go to this other TV.

DCStrato

You could set up another monitor just for viewing the stream output. Right click the Program window and select full screen projector then select that monitor. Split that HDMI signal out of the computer to see it locally as well, or just use the remote monitor. Next problem is sound. Stream gets the sound by default, but you can select a monitor output and direct any captured source to both monitor and output stream. I recommend you download Voicemeeter Banana and chose Voicemeter VAIO as the monitor Output device. Next chose output A3 to be your physical output for the Audio on that VGA monitor, A2 to be your local speakers on your computer, and A1 to be your headphones. Now you can direct the virtual VAIO input in Banana (OBS Monitor) to any of the three physical Audio outputs and chose what is heard on the remote TV via the A3 slider, local speakers via A2, and headphones via A1. Takes some work to understand it but it works great!

DCStrato

Correction... you don't need an HDMI splitter to see it locally. You can actually open multiple projector windows (or full screen) at the same time on different monitors. It is sharing the audio where you need something like Voicemeeter Banana to distribute the sound to multiple outputs.

Silicon_Knight

It is sharing the audio where you need something like Voicemeeter Banana to distribute the sound to multiple outputs.

It seems odd that this feature doesn't exist yet (local monitoring of the audio being sent to the stream). Why such a (seemingly) simple use case requires a workaround like Voicemeter is frustrating.

DCStrato

It seems odd that this feature doesn't exist yet (local monitoring of the audio being sent to the stream). Why such a (seemingly) simple use case requires a workaround like Voicemeter is frustrating.
You can monitor your stream via another audio source, but you only get ONE choice. VM products allow you to split that one-to-many to your different sound sources.