OBS output to HDMI - additional question

jdmack01

I have read a few threads that describe how one can select "Fullscreen Projector (Program)" to have their OBS program appear on an external monitor or TV. When I do this, it works, but the program appears full screen on my computer monitor as well. I need to be able to switch between sources while my event if happening, so I need the OBS interface to remain on my computer screen while the program is appearing full screen on the second monitor. How can this be done?

roughnecks

Not sure if I understand but if you right click on video preview and choose "Fullscreen Projector Preview", it opens a sub menu where you can select the target monitor for that preview.

jdmack01

Tomasz, thank you for your answer. This works for the video. But it doesn't send the audio through the HDMI to second monitor. My goal is to play a video file during the event that is both sent out over the live stream and can be viewed and heard by the attendees. In my test stream, the audio from the video file is being sent out over the stream, but I can't hear it on my second monitor (which is a flat screen TV). If I just play the video file using VLC media PLayer, then I can hear the audio on my second monitor. Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Tomasz Góral

Fullscreen Projector send only video, to send audio you must prepare appropriate routing audio.
Maybe help in this case plugin: Audio Monitor.
Select correct ouput audio device.

Wunder-Service

I have read a few threads that describe how one can select "Fullscreen Projector (Program)" to have their OBS program appear on an external monitor or TV. When I do this, it works, but the program appears full screen on my computer monitor as well. I need to be able to switch between sources while my event if happening, so I need the OBS interface to remain on my computer screen while the program is appearing full screen on the second monitor. How can this be done?
I use the a TV-Screen for displaying my seminars to my audience. I use the hdmi-output of my notebook to connect to the TV-Screen. Works perfect. Hope I could help you.