Question / Help OBS Opening Crash

Maya

Hello!

I have ben having the same issue with OBS for a while where every time I try to open it, it crashes. I've re-downloaded it several times, I've tried restarting my computer, I've tried downloading older versions of OBS, but nothing works. At some point, I was able to stream directly to my Twitch channel without a problem using OBS, but now it won't even open. I've linked the crash report on pastebin and with a file with the newest version. I am running a Macbook Pro with 10.10.5 Yosemite, if more information is needed, please do ask. Also, I'm not for sure whether it is related or not, but after the last crash, my keyboard stopped working. I was running a few other programs, none of which have caused this problem to happen before, but I cannot say for sure if it was OBS or not. Also Also, the light that indicates my camera is turned on, aka the green light next to it, pops on upon opening OBS, it did this back when it was working probably because most of my streams included a face-cam, again not sure if related or not.

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/v8Y1DnbS

Any help is much appreciated as I would love to get back into streaming
Thank you in advance,

Maya

Attachments

• Crash Report.txt
    73.1 KB · Views: 7

Narcogen

You might want to try dragging your ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio folder to the desktop and trying to launch the app. There might be a corrupt preference file or something.

Maya

You might want to try dragging your ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio folder to the desktop and trying to launch the app. There might be a corrupt preference file or something.
Thank you so much! I can't believe I didn't think of that!