OBS on laptop dual gpu

Rinolol

On my Acer nitro 5 144hz with Intel dedicated gpu and gtx 1060 and connected to Samsung Hdmi display Windows 10 16gb ram, OBS creates uneven gittering in game as it runs idle (not streaming/recording)

As soon as the program OBS is launched the game runs poorly and is unplayable until I close OBS and immediately the game runs smoothly again.

My laptop screen is 144hz and the connected display runs at 60hz.

I have tried
*disabling the Intel dedicated graphics card
*lowering laptop screen to 60hz
*turning off gamemode
*turning off game bar
*running obs as administrator
*running obs with each gpu
*closing preview window

As the gittering is present without enabling streaming or recording tampering with the streaming and video settings have proved useless.

Both my gpu's are running at 20/40% my CPU at 40% while streaming recording, and even lower than that while obs is idle.

I have heard difrent hz monitors can cause problems so I am afraid of what problems difrent hz screens combined with dual gpu's can cause.

The games seems to run at high fps but is continously interrupted unevenly

Hope you guys have some things I can try out, althoug I have been finely combing the internet for awnser and tried what i believe is every solution out there

Thank you for your time

CAn you post a log file, that would be a good start to see where to...start :) Need to get an idea of everything going on. I will tell you that in a dual gpu setup like this, it can be tricky because if one GPU has to share or copy data to the other it will clog up your PCI-e pretty badly and lead to all sorts of hiccups and FPS loss and spikes/drops etc. So if the game is being pushed out on the GTX, but let's say OBS is using the Intel GPU, then you'll probably have a lot of unpleasantness. I could be wrong, but best to see a log first... please upload it when you have the chance. Thanks!

Spikeypup / Patrick Ewalt

Rinolol

CAn you post a log file, that would be a good start to see where to...start :) Need to get an idea of everything going on. I will tell you that in a dual gpu setup like this, it can be tricky because if one GPU has to share or copy data to the other it will clog up your PCI-e pretty badly and lead to all sorts of hiccups and FPS loss and spikes/drops etc. So if the game is being pushed out on the GTX, but let's say OBS is using the Intel GPU, then you'll probably have a lot of unpleasantness. I could be wrong, but best to see a log first... please upload it when you have the chance. Thanks!

here you go, but please keep in mind that the lagging/gittering ingame is happening while OBS is idle also (not recording/streaming)

Attachments

• OBS Log File Dedi Gpu Disabled.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 14
  • OBS Log File Dedi Gpu Enabled.txt
    14.7 KB · Views: 5

Tomasz Góral

19:36:04.261: - source: 'Window Capture' (window_capture)
19:36:04.261: - source: 'Display Capture' (monitor_capture)

it's not a good match on one scene.

Rinolol

Only display capture was enabled during the streaming, but.. As you know the lagging occurs with a completly blank project and obs being ide (not streaming or recording at all and minimized to the background) as long as obs is running the games lag, even if it is not doing anything

Rinolol

Please keep in mind that nothing is being captured for the lag to occur a new fresh empty obs project, as long it is executed and the program I running it is lagging/gittering it doesn't matter if OBS is capturing or not