OBS occasionally forgets to apply audio delay

I need help with my step for live events.

I have an HDMI camcorder running through a Hauppauge external capture box. I have a separate audio mixer that handles both the feed and front of house audio, feeding into an audio interface. Plus an HD Logitech webcam for wide/group shots.

The Hauppauge gives about 1300ms of delay so I have added that much audio delay to the audio capture. Most of the time it works just fine. Every now and again, it seems like OBS forgets about the setting, and everything is easy out of sync. Sometimes opening the properties for the video capture solves it but not always.

Has anyone seen this? Any ideas on how I can avoid these issues?

FerretBomb

This may be a device-level issue; there are MANY reasons that it's STRONGLY advised to avoid Hauppage devices like the plague. Erratic behavior is very much one of them, as is out-of-control audio buffer expansion due to the device not being standards-compliant. Re-opening the Properties dialog may simply be re-initializing the device and resetting it to 'normal' operation.

We'd need to see a logfile from a session where the issue occurred to be able to tell more about what's happening on the back end.

Immediate recommendation would be to return the Hauppage device if you're still within the returns window, and go with a different capture solution. It'll save you a LOT of headaches in the long run. They really are awful.