Question / Help OBS not working with Logitech c920 webcam

Michelle D.

Hi, back in May, my webcam stopped working with OBS (or any other broadcasting software), and hasn't worked since. Pulling up video capture device just gives me a gray screen, even if I mess with the custom settings, I'm not getting anything to show up. The blue light on my webcam isn't even turning on. I've included a log file here: https://gist.github.com/80dbe8040ff1f92ff8a3d3a452a524b5

Nothing else is using the camera when I try and bring it up in OBS, and if I open the camera app on Windows 10, the webcam turns on and works fine then. I'm not sure what happened for it to just completely not work elsewhere.

The only things I can suggest are:
- try running OBS64bit (if you are using 32bit now)
- uninstall the camera in the device manager of windows and reinstall it

When you add the camera in obs, do you get a preview before you add the source?
Do you have added the camera to several scenes? If yes, try to add it only once in one scene and use it as a existing source.

Michelle D.

I'm currently on 64bit (I've tried both), and uninstalling and reinstalling the camera from Windows doesn't fix the issue. I only have it added to one scene, and I'm not getting a preview of it at all.

Banyarola

Like I said, in my case it's been the LWS loading before OBS..Once I stopped LWS from auto running it solved my problem..

C-920 can only be used with only ONE software at a time..

Michelle D.

I'm still getting the issue even if LWS isn't running and I've made sure nothing else is using the camera before OBS.

mopster64

This issue just happened to be today. is it a windows update thing? i know my cam works because it can be used by LWS and google hangouts.

My experience using the C920 - Unplug camera, uninstall all logitech drivers(control panel uninstall or device manager in imagine devices/sound video game controllers) relating to the webcam. Restart computer.. now plug in the camera and let windows auto install the driver. Don't do anything else no cds etc.. it should already work for OBS by default.

If it doesn't work then certainly something broke on your windows, maybe reinstall OBS since you did say it does work on Windows camera and OBS is not turning it on. Also try plugging the camera on another available USB port.

novelscale

in my experience removing the audio device from the list of sources, then removing the webcam and adding it again did the trick.