OBS not working when wanting to stream youtube.

DatOneLamp

When using OBS in the google browser, whenever I play a YouTube video the video freezes on the stream. The camera for the stream still works, but the youtube sound and video doesn't play.

Attachments

• 2020-07-19 08-35-38.txt
    25.9 KB · Views: 88

qhobbes

In many cases, wireless connections can cause issues because of their unstable nature. Streaming (both viewing and broadcasting) really requires a stable connection. Often wireless connections are fine, but if you have problems, the first troubleshooting step would be to switch to wired. We highly recommend streaming on wired connections.

DatOneLamp

Thanks for the reply. That makes a lot of sense, it stinks that that might be the only option because my router is in the utilities closet and is wired through the whole house. But, I guess that's how it goes sometimes.

qhobbes

I have not tried broadcast streaming with them but have used them previously to play PS3 games online. I currently have 3 setup at my dad's place (router, PC and Chromecast), they work flawlessly (he only has 10 Mbps down so it's just Netflix, YouTube and MLB games) and he has old house. You may not get advertised 1000 Mbps speeds but should be good enough for streaming.