OBS not starting recording

Flan_Fan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231210_161515.png
    Screenshot_20231210_161515.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 64

bnther

Bumping this post as I'm having the exact same issue -- different hardware, but same issue

No AJA devices found, skipping loading AJA UI plugin
10:55:40.936: Failed to initialize module 'aja-output-ui.so'
10:55:40.949: No AJA devices found, skipping loading AJA plugin
10:55:40.949: Failed to initialize module 'aja.so'
10:55:40.955: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-captions.so'
10:55:40.963: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'decklink-output-ui.so'
10:55:40.968: A DeckLink iterator could not be created. The DeckLink drivers may not be installed
10:55:40.968: Failed to initialize module 'decklink.so'

AaronD

x264 is the one that every rig has, because it uses the general-purpose CPU, alongside everything else that the CPU has to do. So it's always available, and always works the same way...as long as you don't overload that CPU.

The problem is, video encoding takes a LOT of effort! You can easily peg the CPU load with software encoding, and then everything suffers. If you have a monster CPU, then you're probably okay, but that's the risk. Better to offload that job to the GPU if you can, which is what the other options are for.

bnther

x264 is the one that every rig has, because it uses the general-purpose CPU, alongside everything else that the CPU has to do. So it's always available, and always works the same way...as long as you don't overload that CPU.

The problem is, video encoding takes a LOT of effort! You can easily peg the CPU load with software encoding, and then everything suffers. If you have a monster CPU, then you're probably okay, but that's the risk. Better to offload that job to the GPU if you can, which is what the other options are for.
I totally agree!
I would MUCH rather run it off of the GPU, but for whatever reason it wouldn't take it.
It's strange because the preview window is live and accurate and the volume bar on Desktop Audio seems to be right, but once you hit the Start Recording button, it's all like 'you don't have the right drivers'.