OBS Not Retaining Audio Source Between Restarts

pcuser1234

I am having an intermittent problem where I am having to re-add my audio sources sometimes between OBS restarts. It is inconsistent and I am still trying to figure out how to reliably reproduce the problem, whether it is only after Windows restarts or also when OBS is restarted without restarting Windows, etc. What I would like to know is if there is something inherently flaky with what I am doing that is going to make this a persistent issue no matter what I do. Here is what I am doing and what I am observing:

Audiovisual setup is a camera, with audio fed from a soundboard into the camera with an adapter, and audio/video output from the camera via HDMI to laptop USB via Camlink adapter (did it this way rather than connecting soundboard directly to laptop since it seems to keep the audio/video in sync better).

In OBS, two scenes, Scene 1 and Scene 2.
In Scene 2, which is the main event scene, Camlink selected as Video Capture source, which includes the audio. Audio monitoring is set to Monitor and Output.
In Scene 1 which is a pre-event scene, I do not want to stream the video or the audio, but I would like to have the audio available for monitoring so I can make sure it is OK before switching to the Scene 2 event scene. So I added an Audio Input capture of the Camlink device, and set audio monitoring to Monitor only.

What I am observing is sometime when I launch OBS, audio and video in Scene 2 come through as expected, but the audio source in Scene 1 is not coming through. There is no level displaying in the mixer, and nothing comes through the monitoring device. And sometimes when I go to the Advanced Audio Monitoring dialog, the monitoring setting has been reset to "Monitor Off" (but even if I switch it back to Monitor Only, nothing comes through). I basically have to remove that audio source, and re-add it, and then everything comes through in both scenes.

I am not including a log file here since for the moment I can't reproduce this problem, but it has happened 2 or 3 times for sure.
Any suggestions on any conflicts that may be preventing this setup from working reliably, or suggestions for better ways to set this up?

Thanks.