Question / Help OBS not recording my Blue Yeti mic.

Syphon

Just installed my new mic and noticed that on the mixer the input capture bar wasn't showing any sound being registered. Figuring it was my mic, I enabled listen to this device in my computer's sound settings through my headphones and started talking, my output capture bar in OBS was picking up my voice just fine this way. Not sure what is going on.
https://hastebin.com/exugamuvet

Fehre

I answered a similar issue a while back, you could try this. "My guess is that in previous windows 10 versions, you've disabled microphone in windows 10/settings/privacy panel. I did this too. In Redstone 4 (April update, build 17134.xxx) Microsoft have changed how these settings work, if you choose to disable the mic entirely in the privacy panel, your mic will not used. Simply toggle the setting to on and you should be good. You can disable individually whatever software will not be allowed access for the mic instead."

Syphon

I answered a similar issue a while back, you could try this. "My guess is that in previous windows 10 versions, you've disabled microphone in windows 10/settings/privacy panel. I did this too. In Redstone 4 (April update, build 17134.xxx) Microsoft have changed how these settings work, if you choose to disable the mic entirely in the privacy panel, your mic will not used. Simply toggle the setting to on and you should be good. You can disable individually whatever software will not be allowed access for the mic instead."

I would like to take this moment and declare my undying love for you. I suspected it had to be something simple and to do with windows updating last month. Originally bought the Blue Yeti because at the time I thought it was the actual mic on my headset that went boom, and I planned to get a proper setup anyway.
I never would have thought to check the privacy settings for audio. You'd think they would be a bit more intuitive with that option by hinting at it in the mic properties... alas, there is a reason why "Microsoft Works" has been labeled an oxymoron for two decades, lol.
Again, thank you very much, Headache gone.