OBS not Recording Discord Audio Properly

xM4DN355x

So, I've been using OBS for quite some time now, and I never once had any problems until now. I can record game audio, YouTube audio, and even my own audio using OBS 24.0.3 (64-bit windows) (if any of that matters), but it doesn't seem to capture my friends in Discord. The Discord notification sound is picked up in my recordings, but it doesn't pick up any sounds from my friends. When I listened closer, it actually DID pick up my friends' audio, but it was VERY quiet (like, I could barely hear them). I have contacted the OBS Discord, I have googled everything, I have followed tutorials, and I have no where else to go but here.

I REALLY just wanna make videos with my friends and talk to them while I stream/record, and it gets really annoying when the videos only record my audio and my audio only. I really need help so if anyone knows how to fix this, I would be very grateful if you could help me out.

I was told to upload a log file, so here it is: https://obsproject.com/logs/IRVHN71cn6dets_2

I can also upload a video if I need to, but I won't just in case it serves no use at the moment.

I had the same issue! I've fixed it now, basically on the Audio Mixer on OBS the blue bar is volume. Depending on how many Sources you have you may need to scroll down to get to Mic/Aux but basically my issue (which might be the same as yours) was just that one slider was way higher than the other. Try making all the blue bars the same length if that makes sense.

Ahameii

I had this issue as well, although my problem was that the default communications device and default device was set on two different devices, which made my OBS to basically mute any audio that was coming from discord voice chat. The problem can be easily fixed by setting only one device to be default for communications and for everything else.
image_2021-10-26_153150.png
1635251602171.png