Question / Help OBS not recording desktop at all

centauri

Hey all, I was super excited to hear about a desktop capture app that would not burn up my CPU!
I downloaded OBS right away, opened it, left all the settings alone.
But when I click "Start Recording," a little timer thing appears... and it stays right at 0:00:00. It never goes up or down, although my CPU usage does? When I click "Stop Recording," nothing happens either. Yet in the preview window, I can clearly see my whole desktop.

Did I miss something? Do I need another app for it to recognize my desktop? D: I have the latest Mountain Lion OS on a very new computer that was built specifically for graphics and the like. I tried messing with the ability to add more video or desktop capture devices (as you can see in the screenshot,) but couldn't find anything that worked.

Attachments

• obs screenshot1.jpg
    obs screenshot1.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 39

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
The timer thing is most likely a display bug. Check your recording folder to see if there are recordings there (your recording folder is whatever it's set to in settings -> output). Also, make sure to include a log file.

centauri

Oh wow, I did not even think of that! Yes, the recordings were there and functional. Thank you for your quick reply!