OBS not recognizing external reverb?

BobZyerunkel

Hi all.
Forgive this if it's a known thing ,but I couldn't find anything in the forums when I searched.

I am using OBS for Facebook live. My signal path is a PreSonus 24.4.2 AI into a Steinberg UR22mkII interface.
The set up works perfectly for the band. The levels in OBS are great.
The issue is we run a reverb on the board and send it out as part of the mix to the Steinburg. We do this so we can control the fading in and out of the verb during songs and kill it when the vocalist are not singing, so it doesn't sound like they're trapped in a well.....
When we monitor signal from the Steinberg, the reverb is there and it sounds good.
When we listen to playback or via Facebook on another machine, the reverb is gone.

Is there some sort of setting somewhere I can't find that is maybe thinking the reverb is some sort of latency or echo and deleting it? If so, is it possible to turn it off?
I realize that we can add a .vst in OBS for verb, but it becomes an extra step for our mixer and there's no real way to gently fade in our out that we have found.
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions and apologies in advance if this is already a known issue with a fix that I can't find.

Cheers!

Deano123

Hi Bob, I was wondering if you’d found a solution to this problem as I’m currently experiencing the same thing. I have a TC Helicon mic mechanic going into a Strindberg URmkII interface. I can hear the reverb but it’s not playing out on the stream. Such a bizarre problem.
Thanks.