Question / Help OBS not picking up audio input from JackRouter

nli1

Hi All,

I am attempting to switch from Soundflower to JackRouter because of some overloading issues I've been experiencing with the former, and I'm having trouble getting OBS to recognize the input signal coming out of my DAW and my Microphone.

Thus far, I've confirmed that both my microphone and Logic Pro X are running properly through JackRouter, and are working properly. I've tested this by changing the routing through JackRouter, which turns off one or both of my studio monitors the way it's supposed to.

I've created an audio device for JackRouter in OBS. I've linked the outputs of Logic and the microphone (which is capture_4 in system to channels in OBS). But it's not picking up any sound.

Is there anything left for me to try? Is there another panel of audio preferences I can open in OBS?

Thanks

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/gLmcK

Mid-2012 15 inch Macbook pro, OS Sierra

c3r1c3

Everytime I've used JACK I've only gotten audio from the first 2 tracks. Makes sense given that OBS is limited to the first 2 inputs of any device that doesn't explicitly export sources through the OS.

I don't have my mac with me (and it's been a really long time since I've messed with JACK and OBS), but can you add more then 1 jack source? If so, try creating a 2 -channel source, and route the audio to those 2 channels (from your DAW).

As to your mic, are you using a firewire interface? If so, I've never gotten those (Windows or OSX) to work with OBS.

nli1

Everytime I've used JACK I've only gotten audio from the first 2 tracks. Makes sense given that OBS is limited to the first 2 inputs of any device that doesn't explicitly export sources through the OS.

I don't have my mac with me (and it's been a really long time since I've messed with JACK and OBS), but can you add more then 1 jack source? If so, try creating a 2 -channel source, and route the audio to those 2 channels (from your DAW).

As to your mic, are you using a firewire interface? If so, I've never gotten those (Windows or OSX) to work with OBS.

Thanks for replying. When you say create another source, do you mean in the Audio tab in settings? Or is that a separate thing?

And yes the mic is running through a firewire interface. But since I'm running everything trough JACK then through OBS, it shouldn't be a problem since the only thing talking to OBS is the output of JACK