OBS not picking up audio from EZDrummer 2

slamthejam11

Howdy everyone, I am trying to get OBS to capture audio from EZDrummer 2 (stand alone version) and it just... won't. I recently bought an Audio Interface (Focusrite Scarlett Solo) so I could cut down on latency and actually use it during a stream. I set an Audio Output Capture where the source is the Focusrite audio. Here's the thing: The audio I get from the Focusrite itself is normal; I can hear the music and the sounds from EZDrummer 2, as well as stream alerts, etc. perfectly fine, no latency issues at all. It works perfect. My issue is that OBS does not capture the audio from EZDrummer 2; everything else is captured perfectly fine, including the music, alerts, etc. Anyone have a fix for this? Or know why this is happening in the first place?

Log, for whatever good it does: https://obsproject.com/logs/tzpcXyzCrh-M_Mb6

Twiggyskulls

Hey there slam! Part of the issue I ran into with a similar setup, is that OBS cannot capture ASIO Output. One way that I did figure out how to get around this, was using Voicemeeter's software (Banana/Potato/etc.). I had to send my ASIO Output to a Microphone Channel in Voicemeeter, so it was a sort of janky set up, but it worked.

Some others I have spoke with have suggested to use EZDrummer as a VST plug-in to a DAW, and capture the audio from the DAW itself. I haven't really explored this option too much.

Another possibility is to send your output from your interface into a mixer channel, and then capture the mixer's audio as output into OBS, but I've been told that this is sort of backwards.

I'm still exploring better options myself.