OBS not correctly using full color range anymore?

Miles Prower

I recently got a Live Gamer Ultra capture card, and after I configured it a bit in AVerMedia's native program, I was able to get full color range to record properly in OBS. I did two streams like this to verify that it worked successfully.

Later, however, AVerMedia's program crashed and began to slow down my computer a whole bunch. Eventually, I had to restart my computer. Ever since then, full color range has NOT been working in OBS, with the results obviously not being correct. I've compared recordings with the exact same settings both before and after, and it's obvious that it worked before but not now. It seems that OBS is no longer drawing upon the settings I use in AVerMedia's program. Any advice to fix? I've already tried reinstalling both programs to no avail.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 274374

I recently got a Live Gamer Ultra capture card, and after I configured it a bit in AVerMedia's native program, I was able to get full color range to record properly in OBS. I did two streams like this to verify that it worked successfully.

Later, however, AVerMedia's program crashed and began to slow down my computer a whole bunch. Eventually, I had to restart my computer. Ever since then, full color range has NOT been working in OBS, with the results obviously not being correct. I've compared recordings with the exact same settings both before and after, and it's obvious that it worked before but not now. It seems that OBS is no longer drawing upon the settings I use in AVerMedia's program. Any advice to fix? I've already tried reinstalling both programs to no avail.

Thanks!

The new Color Space when OBS 26 comes out will be sRGB - Partial (25.0.8 version is 601 - Partial).

Miles Prower

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. In the video capture settings there is a "Color Range" setting that was working when I set to Full on the first day I had my capture card, but has had distorted colors ever since. Maybe the update will fix it, anyway.