OBS needs to improve frame capture

chummy

So this is old problem which come over, yet OBS keep getting too much trouble with frameskipping and duplicated frames in some games randomly. For example even on NVENC or Quicksync the duplicating frame was around 30-40% per second for a 48fps recording and the problem not even showed in OBS log, it not reported a single skipped frame. I dont know if it's a problem from OBS with Just Cause 3 because sometime ago when i tried recording with Quicksync 48fps it worked without much problem but this time it just get broken.

Using 30fps recording in OBS decrease duplicated frames but it has trouble with skipped frames/bad frame selection making playback look sluggish.
Softwares like Shadowplay and Game DVR cause no hard issues with duplicated frames at 60fps and has much better frame selection for low framerate recording(30fps) which avoid video playback to look choppy.

Some time ago i tested at same VCE and NVENC encoders OBS average 12 frames duplciated from a 60fps recording while Game DVR and Shadowplay were around 5-6 duplicates, an 50% better performance.

Game DVR and Shadowplay besides performance are sluggish softwares because lack of customization and OBS has higher customization/setitngs but the frame capture performance is too crappy to be fair. Yet i cant use Quicksync outside OBS.