Bug Report OBS multiplatform not noticing disconnect.

cyclonejack1988

Hello

Yesterday I experienced a major issue with multiplatform. I was streaming for several hours (or I thought I was at least) when a regular viewer noticed what I was playing on steam and asked me why I wasn't streaming the game. To my complete surprise because OBS multiplatform showed nothing wrong no error message came up and the data at the bottom of the program was still showing that I was live it just at some point in the stream disconnected from twitch and didn't bother letting me know or attempting to reconnect.

I am not sure if I would even be able to provide a log that would show what happened because as far as OBS was concerned there was no problem it just continued on broadcasting to nowhere.

But if there is any additional information that would help let me know and I will try to provide it.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Help -> Log files -> Show log files and see if you can find the log which should include that session. They are named by date and time. Then upload it here or on pastebin and link to it.
I know Jim just fixed some problems regarding disconnects. A hotfix release is planned for the next days and it might fix the problem you encountered.

cyclonejack1988

This should be the one there were 2 log files from that date and this is the earlier one before I noticed the problem. I hope this helps.

If there is anything else I can do just let me know I have high hopes for multiplatform so far I love the program and can't wait for it to be completed.

Attachments

• 2015-11-15 04-57-40.txt
    21 KB · Views: 20

sam686

This might be Twitch problem. Maybe turn on twitch archive broadcast to maybe see when connection is lost.

Quite a few times this year, Twitch thinks I just went offline, yet most of the time records the offline stream into past broadcast. Reconnect to the same server fails. Changing server does work, but only lasts for maybe a few months until it happened again. Sometimes if I let it continue to stream to my offline stream, Twitch eventually show live again.

Edit: The log file is a little incomplete, did OBS-studio hang / locked up when clicking "stop" button?

Last edited:

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Yea the end is missing, but it says user stopped, no disconnect. Oh and you were using AMD VCE for the encoding.
It could still be that the next hotfix update already has a fix for this problem. But if you notice the same problem in the future after 0.12.1 is released, please test with x264 if possible, to rule out a problem with the AMF. And of course upload us a new log in that case here.

cyclonejack1988

Well like i said in the original post it did not crash it did not freeze on my end obs multiplatform was running smoothly showing 0 dropped frames and that it was broadcasting at my normal 3000Kb/s then i get a message from a viewer on steam saying "i thought you were streaming?" which caused me to go to twitch which said i was offline. I stopped and started streaming again and it was fine.

So I streamed several hours of planet explorers to nowhere