Question / Help OBS MS is not streaming anything, and aspect ratio problem.

entropical

I have the scene set up, twitch key configured, bitrates nominal, everything looks good in the preview.

I press "Start Streaming" and it pretends like it is, has the counter and everything, but 0 kb/s and my stream never goes live.

Tried rerunning it in Admin mode and now pressing "start streaming" does nothing at all, no reaction. Can still access settings and everything fine. Same with Record option, nothing happens.

Secondly, I have an ultra wide resolution, but no one streams ultra wide. Everyone streams 16:9. Yet the settings are FORCING me to stream in 21:9, and not letting me changing or scale or do anything at 1080p instead. OBS MS is essentially useless for ultrawide or triple screen users if you can't edit the canvas aspect ratio.

Don't think there is an error log for this stuff right? I'm on Win 10, using VCE, latest AMD 16.1 hotfix drivers

EDIT: I found the problem. When using x264 it works. On the old OBS VCE fork I was getting "encoder failed to initialize" error for VCE too, so it must be happening on this version too. REALLY frustrating. Can I suggest added this error to the multi platform version so we can recognize the problem when it happens?

My aspect ratio problem still stands though.

EDIT2: I'd like to point out VCE works for me using Raptr, the problem is isolated to OBS VCE fork and OBS Multi. I have 2013 distributable already installed, and I also tried repairing installation and still no luck. I'm at a loss for whats going on.

Last edited:

Xphome

Secondly, I have an ultra wide resolution, but no one streams ultra wide. Everyone streams 16:9. Yet the settings are FORCING me to stream in 21:9, and not letting me changing or scale or do anything at 1080p instead. OBS MS is essentially useless for ultrawide or triple screen users if you can't edit the canvas aspect ratio.

You can change the aspect ratio by setting a custom resolution in OBS. You're not limited by the resolutions in the dropdown list, you can type.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
VCE support is still early and experimental, as stated in the release notes. The VCE branch of OBS1 was unofficial.

And like Xphome said, you can set whatever resolution you want in Settings > Video > Base Canvas Resolution by typing it in.