Question / Help OBS MP Video Capture Device and Scene Switching

Kn3xis

Hello, I am working on setting up OBS MP and switching over from the older OBS. I am running into an issue with my scene though. The scene I use when I am gaming I have a custom Mask on the camera so it fits nicely into the game UI, as well as a chroma key on it. In between games I want to have an idle screen that does not have this custom mask on it. When I try to add the Camera to the second scene it does not work. It appears switching scenes does not deactivate the camera in the old scene like it did in the previous OBS. Anyone know how to resolve this? Thank you!

Joe33345

Basically the option in the original OBS was called Global Sources. If you added your camera into Global Sources and then added that Global Source, your camera, to every scene, when you switched scenes it wouldn't shut off the camera. The issue you're having here, based on the info provided, is you've added your camera twice as two different sources in two different scenes. What I would suggest is in the second scene without your mask overlay just add your camera as an "Existing" source instead of a new camera source. Not only will this help with transitioning between scenes more smoothly but your camera will work fine.

Go to Sources. The + Sign. Video Capture Devices. Instead of Create New, go to Add Existing and just readd your current camera. :D

JoeNumb3rs

Kn3xis

I tried this. If I change the masking in the new scene, when I add the existing source is changes the masking in the other scene. This is because the mask is added to the "global source".

GarbagePlay

I need a solution to this too. I need to crop the camera in a second scene and have it not crop in the first scene. What gives?