Question / Help OBS MP Quicktime vs MPEG-2

dippa

Hello! Question here coming from OBS classic to OBS MP.

I've noticed in Premiere Pro that the MP4 files recorded in OBS Classic were encoded with MPEG-2, whereas the MP4 files encoded with OBS MP are encoded in Quicktime.

I've tried using the exact same settings from OBS Classic to OBS MP, but the files are astonishingly slow to edit in OBS (even though the recordings play fine in MPC or VLC, including any additional audio tracks if they were recorded).

My question is: is there a way to get OBS MP to encode using MPEG2 like OBS classic did -- or is there an alternate method to getting files recorded using OBS MP to playback properly in Premiere Pro?

I'm using all the same settings from R1CH's original guide, and I've tried recording in OBS MP with keyframes set to 0, 1 and 2 with no success. (The colour profiles and such haven't been changed, because those options aren't available in OBS Classic, and I recently updated Quicktime just in case that would help.)

[Also if a log file is needed to help matters, I'll upload that in a couple of hours once I get home. Just been meaning to ask this question in full for a while.]

Well... I'm pretty stumped. I mean,.. I've tried several ways of recording (encoding with x264, QuickSync and AMD VCE) at varying levels of quality/bitrate and I have no issues editing the mp4s created by OBS MP. I use Sony Movie Studio (a Lite version of Sony Vegas) however.

I'll have to leave this to someone more intimate with the inner workings of OBS MP..

dippa

Well... I'm pretty stumped. I mean,.. I've tried several ways of recording (encoding with x264, QuickSync and AMD VCE) at varying levels of quality/bitrate and I have no issues editing the mp4s created by OBS MP. I use Sony Movie Studio (a Lite version of Sony Vegas) however.

I'll have to leave this to someone more intimate with the inner workings of OBS MP..

Yeah. It could be a Premiere Pro specific thing where it just doesn't play nicely with Quicktime? But either way, I think I've tried as many variations of the settings as I can.