Bug Report OBS-MP Game Capture anti-cheat compatibility - parity with OBS1?

OBS-MP seems to trigger aggressive anti-cheat systems in situations where OBS1 with "Anti-cheat compatibility hooking" checked would not.

Examples include Elsword and Phantasy Star Online 2. The former closes with an alert from XTrap, regarding "graphics-hook32.dll", after successfully capturing for a few seconds. The latter throws out the standard "[program] has stopped working" Windows error, and OBS captures nothing.

This behavior is present in OBS-MP at all times, and in OBS1 when "Anti-cheat compatibility hooking" is disabled. It is not present in OBS1 when "Anti-cheat compatibility hooking" is enabled -- the games capture normally. According to #obsproject and a few forum posts around here, OBS-MP's hook method is equivalent to OBS1's compatibility hooking, so I'm wondering what causes the disparity.

OBS-MP 0.9.1 32bit, Windows 7 64bit
Sample log file (from Elsword): https://gist.github.com/anonymous/96d601c128388986eb8f

I think the disparity is caused by games.
If I'm not mistaking, each anti-cheat system has a "white list" of allowed hooking programs...as OBS MP is a different program than OBS (with same hooking method but a different program nonetheless), it needs to be included apart in this list too...which is not always done given OBS MP is still in alpha stage.

dodgepong

Administrator
Community Helper
I'm pretty sure OBS MP changed game capture to *always* use anti-cheat compatibility, just in case, so it should perform the same way as OBS1 with Anti-Cheat compatibility hooking enabled. Also, make sure you are running the game at the same user level (for example, run both the game and OBS as admin).

I'm dumb. The blacklists for both games apparently changed fairly recently, OBS1 seems to capture them fine even without compatibility hooking. Sorry for cluttering the board.