Question / Help OBS MP can't find Nvidia Nvenc option

Hi,

I've started using OBS MP after moving from the standard version but I can't now find the option to encode using
nvidia nvenc is there one?

Attachments

• New Text Document.txt
    0 bytes · Views: 137

Gol D. Ace

The attached file is empty.
NVENC only works currently on Win 10.

You can find it (if you have win 10) like this:

Settings > Output Mode > Advanced > Streaming or Recording Tab > Encoder > NVENC

This is not recommended for streaming right now because CBR isn't working like it should yet (if i remember correctly).
Also the quality for streaming just isn't that good but you can use it for recording.

xylotism

I'm on win7 might explain then, does the recording work fine then in win10 and x264 for streaming?
I think the original NVenc implementation in normal OBS is a bit better performance for the quality (or vice versa), but either way you really don't want to use NVenc for streaming. It requires a lot of bitrate to match the quality of x264. It's really best used for local recordings when you'd rather have the GPU do all the work for almost no performance hit instead of taxing your CPU, but trying to broadcast a 50,000 bitrate NVenc stream is most likely not going to work, for several reasons:

1. Twitch tries to limit you to no more than 3500 bitrate
2. You need a lot of upload speed to push it out without causing hiccups in the stream
3. Your viewers need a lot of download speed to view it without hiccups