Bug Report OBS MP 32 stops responding at Video Capture Device settings

DorinDXN

I discovered this issue when I tried to solve a problem featured in other thread, now that problem is solved.

The issue is if I'm using LGHD through Stream Engine.
The card is AVM C985 with the latest firmware, drivers and Stream Engine

So I start Stream Engine then start OBS MP 32, then first time when I try to change Video Capture Device setting it works
but then after OBS stops responding every time when I try to access the Video Capture Device setting/properties again either trough pop-up menu or via the little gear button.
Even after the PC restart! No more changes, glad I had the right one first :)
The capture window/scene keeps updating but OBS is not responding.

However the video recording works OK.

I attached the log if is need.

cheers,
Dorin

Attachments

• 2015-11-17 19-01-45.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 32

DorinDXN

Is possible to change the Video Capture Settings/properties by some text editing like .xml or some .ini or in registry?

cheers,
Dorin

belboz

I have the same problem. Audio stuttering (not always, but it seems to eventually stutter, or stutter from the start) with the c985 when using it as a source directly, and the stream engine seems to almost always lock up when checking the properties of that capture device. Sometimes it seems to "lose" or lock up and I get no capture at all from the Avermedia c985 and when I go to the properties the stream engine shows up with some red items, and if you select something else as the video capture device the stream engine just disappears from the list.

When it freezes or locks up OBS is still running in the task list. The GUI for OBS is gone, but I see it in the task manager, but can't force close it.

No issues with regular OBS.

belboz

I can confirm that it is fixed (for me and my c985). I was on IRC with Jim testing some debug builds, and his final fix, and all my audio stuttering and glitching issues are now fixed in a test build he made for me.

belboz

The fix Jim had me test (which I believe is what the patch describes above) fixes an issue with the audio stuttering (glitching, or some term someone else can better describe)

It shouldn't change the lock ups with the stream engine, but with the patch of Jim's I don't believe there is any reason to not just add the c985 directly and skip the whole stream engine.

OBS MP with Jim's fix has been rock solid for me with my C985 now audio wise.